everything is so much easier when the world isn’t frigid
12 Life Hacks/Tricks to Simplify Your Life #314
1. If you say “Raise Up Lights” you just said “Razor Blades” in an Australian accent.
2. Actions prove who someone is, words prove who they want to be.
3. The best revenge is to move on, get over it, and continue to succeed. Never give someone the satisfaction of watching you suffer.
4. Drink green tea before bed to burn calories while sleeping. Green tea will also increase your metabolism.
5. Introverts want company just as much as extroverts do. They just prefer it from people they know and trust.
Woke up with a really strange feeling. One, about this weather. I mean what the fuck everything is freezing. Will my plants be okay? Also, this week we found out our university is trying to raise the tuition of evening school which would essentially eradicate the program (because then, finishing school on time would cost twice as much as being a full-time student—why would we do that?)
This is shit people in other countries are rioting about.
But seriously, it will fuck everything up. What should we do
How to Trust Again
1. Recognize the benefits of trusting others, and building some meaningful relationships. If you never let others get close to you, then you’re likely to feel lonely and empty inside.
2. Remember that one person doesn’t have to meet your needs. We can trust different people with aspects of ourselves. Doing that can feel less risky, and a lot less scary.
3. Look at the actions of other people before you decide if you can trust them or not. If they are kind to others and they seem reliable, then it’s likely they will treat you in that same way, too. However, be wary of people who are mean or critical, or who talk about others, or are unpredictable.
4. Give trust slowly – let others prove themselves – and if they seem trustworthy then start to trust them more. Share a few small things before you share some bigger things.
5. Trust yourself to cope if someone lets you down. We’ve all been disappointed and betrayed by other people. Have the confidence to know that you will manage, and survive!!
6. Don’t pressurise yourself to give more than you are able. It is hard to trust others if you’re feeling insecure, or if you’ve been hurt by others, or if trust is threatening. Decide to take it slowly and be patient with yourself.
mm this rainy thunder day is great. everything is in a blanket of quenched gloom. there is a wall of rain that surrounds each of us.
coachella aka the annual bindi wearing white girls conference
it’s always good to water the sprouts and not the weeds